December

December has been a busy month for us. Here it is 2 days before Christmas and I realized I haven't blogged since November 18. Lots of bloggers take blogging breaks.... this one wasn't on purpose by any means. We've just been busy.

Today, as I write this, my heart is heavy. Shawn's mom is in the hospital in pretty fragile condition. She had a pacemaker put in today as her heart doesn't want to cooperate with her at all. She's been in the hospital for a little over a week and they are still working on figuring out exactly the best treatment for her. She had a spinal tap today as well, as the neurologist saw something and wants to figure out what it is. So, my sisters in law and my brother in law are staying with us as my dad in law hangs out in the hospital this Christmas with Marge.

Our second oldest daughter, Lindsey, moved back home. We've enjoyed having her home... cooking supper, cleaning while we're at work, running the kids around to places... it's nice to have her around. But, alas... she'll be out looking for work soon.

Our oldest, Haleigh, is on her way home today in the treacherous ice storm looming overhead. I'm saying a prayer she'll make it safely.

We've had our Christmas parties at church, Emily sang on stage with the other kids last week and it was fun to watch her gleefully sharing her gifts so enthusiastically!

We've had the school concerts... and this week, Abbie, our 17 year old, had her last high school choir concert. She graduates early the first week in January. It's quite momentous to me to have only one more child in school.

If I don't get a chance to blog before Christmas, have a Merry Christmas!

Comments

Heth said…
Merry Christmas Tina! Love you!
Natalie Joy said…
So much change. I'm not sure I like all of it, but we know it is purposeful. Hope your Christmas was blessed.
Chris said…
Love your family and we're praying for Marge and Barth. I bet Emily was delightful at her program.:-)
Abbie sang so beautifully at the concert. I can't believe she is going to be done. Mariah will miss her!

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots