Wednesday, December 27, 2006
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? paper.
2. Real tree or artificial? both...oh heck, three of each.
3. When do you put up the tree? the weekend after thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? yesterday the real one, others, maybe after Valentine's Day... :)
5. Do you like eggnog? blech. does that answer your question?
6. Favorite gift received as a child? a tape recorder. my friend and I got one the same year.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? yes, one store bought, one kids made in school, and one girls made this year.... you're never too old for crafts!
8. Hardest person to buy for? father in law!!!!
9. Easiest person to buy for? emily - this year she had a list of 47 or more items.... now that's variety.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? a blanket when I was a kid...only because I thought it was a sweater I wanted and it ended up no being one.
Okay, let me say here that mel skipped number 11... I just cut and pasted.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I don't know.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? the first paycheck after thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? mabye, but I can't remember doing it.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? choc star peanut butter cookies and aunt shari's christmas tree cheese and pickle thing.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear on one and colored on one. there. made everyone happy.
17. Favorite Christmas song? cool yule by louis armstrong. we have the BEST Christmas cds...
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? stay home. I feel bad for people who have to travel.
19.Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? yeah, but only because I cut and paste from Mel... :) dasher, dancer, prancer, vixon, comet and cupid, and donner and blitson?- and rudoff of course.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? both
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? cold weather. but it hasn't been bad this year!
I won't tag anyone...since Christmas is already over. :)
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Friday, December 15, 2006
I woke up in the morning and as we were getting the girls all ready for school and off, I noticed them. There was a trail of paw prints all over the house in a little trail like the "Family Circus" comic strip. At first I didn't realize what they were, and then I asked the girls...
One of our cats (the one that is afraid of the outside) had gotten out the night before and nobody noticed. In the morning when we got up, she was cold and meowing at the front door and when they let her in, her muddy paws (it was raining) left tracks all over.
It was two days before I had time to clean up the paw prints. But, I did it today. As I cleaned them up, I noticed there were paw prints all over the place. Every door, a couple of windows....
And I also noticed the neighbors dog prints in the driveway. I call him Lucky...not sure what his name is. But, I am sure old Lucky did a number on the poor cat left outside that night.
Of course, I let my mind imagine that the cat was scared out of her wits, and pawed all night trying to get in the house to safety from the cold and the rain...and the dog.
I secretly hope she learned a lesson and she'll stop trying to get outside. But, I'm sure she will go back out ... even though it's dangerous out there.
I feel like that sometimes don't you? Make a mistake in life and then desperately try to scratch your way back in with God to a place of safety and security. He always opens the door. I bet He hopes we will learn our lesson too.
2 Samuel 22: 3 says "God is my refuge....my savior".
Thursday, December 14, 2006
1. I know who Don Johnson is.
2. I heard all about it, but I never watched it...and never found out who shot JR.
3. I know the meaning of "WAX ON" and "WAX OFF".
4. I wore lace gloves with the fingers cut off.
5. I LOVED my parachute pants.
6. Clap on... Clap off.
7. I know what a Valley Girl is.
9. I turned up the collar of my polo shirts.
10. Where's the beef? -- was the BEST ever.
11. Frosted blue eye shadow
12. Feathered bangs
13. oooooooh noooooooo Mr. Bill!
14. The cool people carried their boom box on their shoulder
15. I want to go where everybody knows your name!
16. I had so many colors of jelly shoes... will they ever come back?
17. Battlestar Galactica and Pac Man were the best!
18. I watched School house Rock
19. I actually saw music videos on MTV
20. Wonder Twin Powers... Activate!
Monday, December 11, 2006
Well, for one, we're on our fourth dance recital of the holiday season this coming weekend!
Secondly, we have been enjoying our super FUN advent calendar! Our family has an advent calendar made of fabric we hang on the wall with 24 pockets in it. Each pocket has a note inside that reads something fun we can do for the holiday season. Some are a lot of planning, some are spontaneous, and some are just "read a book"...
Last night??? Have a Christmas Hot Tub Party!
Okay, someone clearly wasn't thinking about that (hint: the mom!). It was a Sunday... not just any ordinary Sunday... but a Sunday in which we decided to sleep in and go to second service, I had to volunteer for 2 1/2 hours for a school function, and our entire family went to the school's madrigal dinner (all kids except 7 yr old involved), not to mention INSTE finals beginning...and an old friend stopped by for a quick visit.
And, the advent calendar is not something you just casually forget to do.... it's law in our 7 year old's eyes.
So, at 9:45pm, when the rest of the day was nearly over, we donned our swim gear and jumped into the 101 degree water with champagne glasses, welch's grape sparkling cider, and five kids... and sang Christmas carols at the top of our lungs in our backyard until our fingers and toes were pruny and waterlogged.
The only thing that could have made it better is a pile of snow and colder air.
Enjoy your families this season!
Monday, December 04, 2006
|What American accent do you have? |
Your Result: The West
Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.
|The Inland North|
|What American accent do you have?|
Take More Quizzes