Okay, I shave my head and sit silently at my computer and nobody believes it's really me! What's up with that? I think it's the silent part you don't believe.
Okay okay... I admit, I have plenty to say. I know this may come as a surprise to you, but there are SOME things in this world that I do NOT have an opinion on. really. there are.
One, for example, is , well, whatever that's a dumb thing to write a whole blog on anyway.
Forget that. Here's some other news...
* You already know that school is in session. Many of you are living it. It's a strange mix... somewhere between glad you once again have a routine, and sad that you (once again) have a routine.
* Lindsey has a new adventure! I'll post the pics and my next blog entry just for her!
* Em is in 3rd Grade and super stoked because at church, they combine the grades like 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 - and she got to move UP a grade and be with PJ her 4th Grade friend! Whoo Hooo!
* Abbie had a radical stay up all night watch movies sit in the hot tub play high school musical board game sing songs dance around make a video play with sidewalk chalk tell scary stories and eat junk food until you are sickly slumber party. It lasted 24 hours. Doesn't that just make you wanna be 15 again? I wanted to join her and she wouldn't let me. So I popped in every now and then and busted a move and listened to the giggling. Such a great group of girls. I love them all.
* Haleigh is in a wedding next weekend. The first of her high school friends is getting married. She's excited and happy for them, and it's going to be a fun weekend.
* Shawn and I are catching up on all the past episodes of the OFFICE. He got the files from a friend and we sit silently in bed each night at 12:30, 1:00, 1:30 trying to watch "just one more episode" - crammed together on the bed watching them on his laptop with a speaker that is barely audible except in the still of the night getting kinks and cramps in our necks. yeah, we really don't need another thing to waste time in, but it's brainless fun to do. It just goes to show you how desperate we are to watch tv sometimes since we opted not to get cable or even hook up our tv since last November. (I did cave in last week and plug in a little 13" one we have just to watch the news on a local station with rabbit ears.... you have to hold it just "so" in order for it to be viewable).
After reading all these past few posts, I really do have some seriousness in my life. I have been doing my devotions every day and loving them! I have also started reading through the Beth Moore A woman's Heart God's Dwelling place Bible study that I will lead this fall for our church ladies evening group.
Need encouaragement today? Do what I did... read Hebrews 12. Keep your eyes on Jesus.