my husband

I was encouraged by His Girl's blog yesterday. So, I thought I'd share a prayer that I pray for my man....it's printed on a 3x7 card and I got it when we went to a family life conference one time.

Lord, I lift Shawn up to You today and pray, according to Your Word that:

You give him strength to lead (Josh 1:7), time to know his family(John 10:14), and a passion to manage his home(1Tim. 3:4).

You bless his work and show him daily how to honor You in his attitude and spirit; confirm the work of his hands unto Your purpose (Psalm 90:16-17; Daniel 6).

He will be a wise steward of our finances and all we possess, remembering that all things are Yours and entrusted to us for Your purposes (Matt. 6:19-21)

He will love You with all his heart, soul, mind, and strength and hate evil (Mark 12:30, Psalm 97:10)

He will be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger (James 1:19)

You protect him physically, mentally, and spiritually (Psalm 28:7-9; Psalm 41; John 17:15)

You give him the desire to teach and model a godly lifestyle for his children (Deut. 6; Psalm 78:5-7)

You will instruct him and teach him in the way he should go (Psalm 32:8); give him peace in the circumstances, and integrity in decisions he must face today (1 Corin. 14:33; Prov. 11:3)

He would meditate day and night on Your Word, pray without ceasing (Psalm 1:1-3; Psalm 119:18,73; 1 Thess 5:17), and stay faithful to Christ to the end (Hebrews 12:1-2)

He would develop strong relationships with other godly men (Eph 4:24-25; Heb. 10:24)

Make me my husbands helpmate, companion, champion, friend, and support. Help me to create a peaceful, restful, safe place for him to come home to. Teach me how to take care of myself and stay attractive to him. Grow me into a creative and confident woman who is rich in mind, soul, and spirit. Make me the kind of woman he can be proud to say is his wife. I lay all my expecations at Your cross. I release my husband from the burden of fulfilling me in areas where I should be looking to You. Help me to accept him the way he is and not try to change him... I leave any changing that needs to be done in Your hands, fully accepting that neither of us is perfect and never will be. Only You, Lord, are perfect and I look to You to perfect us.
Teach me how to pray for my husband and make my prayers a true language of love.



PS Thank you for your prayers... I feel better!!!! :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
awesome prayer...mind if I borrow it?
His Girl said…
wowee, I am just plain blessed by your post. *taking notes*
Ann said…
I need to read that again and again and again. Thank you!!
Diane Viere said…
That is incredible! Thanks for sharing it! I am going to print this out and put it in my Bible on my nightstand. What a beautiful thing to do for our husbands.

Diane
Trina said…
That is a great prayer. Good things for us wives to think on, for sure!
Jenn said…
I found you through His girl's blog. What an amazing prayer you pray for your husband. Thanks for sharing - I am going to have to write that down.

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots