Have I mentioned….?

It has taken me a little while to mention this.  Not because I haven’t WANTED to, mind you… but because well, there are other things I’ve had to be busy about and mentioning.

But, soon, I will be a Grandma for the very first time.  My daughter Lindsey is expecting her first baby.

This experience of becoming a Grandma… I’m glad it takes nine months to complete because it is somewhat surreal.  I can imagine that only the Grandmas out there fully understand this.  I know I didn’t get it before now completely.

Lindsey is 7 months along now.  And she’s on bedrest.  She gets a little bored.  Just two days ago, she asked me if I would braid her hair.  It was like a movie…I kid you not.  I was braiding her hair and I kept having flashbacks to when she was 3 – 4 – 6 and I braided her hair. 

And now, my daughter is having a baby. She is going to be a mommy.  And I…. a grandma.

It sounds musical doesn’t it?  I have so many things I want to do as a grandma.  I started a journal entitled “Dear Granddaughter…” oh. Did I mention its a GIRL?

I spent a half hour googling “names to call Grandma” and then “names for Grandma” and then “Grandparent names” to figure out what I want to be called: nana? mima? Mo ma?Nanoo? Ninny? haha.  I haven’t figured it out yet.  Something grandmaish…. yet kind of cool ya know?

I got to hear her heartbeat last week.  Joe couldn’t go to Lindsey’s appt with her so I got to go.  And I’ve had four daughters now… and I KNOW what a baby’s heartbeat sounds like.  But, a GRAND daughter’s heart beat.  Holy cow.  It’s so much GRANDER!  She’s so SMART! :)

So… yeah… life is changing.  Very quickly.  And it’s all good.

Graduation 2010 003

Comments

Mockers said…
My mother -- your grandmother -- became a grandmother at age 44. She wasn't ready for that. She didn't want to be called Grandme, so she chose Noni Mae (variation on her name Marie). It worked! She became Noni Mae to all of Janet's children. Your cousin Kathy still refers to her that way. It makes me giggle every time. Mom died at age 59. Too soon... too soon.
Tina said…
That's a cool story. I'm glad you told me. Maybe I should consider Noni Mae as my name! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee