In Bloom

I just realized yesterday that my Hawthorne tree is blooming for the first time.  I know it isn’t much of a tree.  It’s small, thin, wispy… but it’s blooming… and that makes me smile.

gardening 009 gardening 007

In other garden blooming news… I moved my fern from the house to the front porch.gardening 002

gardening 005

I planted… a hydrangea…

gardening 015

this thing that I don’t remember the name of (note to self: keep the tags)…

gardening 014

and the daisies are blooming too…

gardening 016 gardening 013

And I’m sad to say… my vegetable garden is off to a shaky start.  I’ve decided gardens are just life…sometimes you have time to care for it and other times you just make do with what it is.  This is one of those “make do” years.  We’ve had a lot going on and a lot to do…. the garden has been neglected in the beginning few weeks here.  I have planted tomatoes, peppers, onions, lettuce, potatoes, beans, peas, cabbage, broccoli, sunflowers….

126

We tilled up a separate pumpkin patch this year…. and haven’t bothered to plant it yet.  It’s covered with grass again and we’ll have to till it again if we dare try to start it.  We haven’t planted our cucumbers… or our watermelons…. or our herbs.  I just don’t know if there is enough time in the day. 

I’m actually thinking about taking a section of this vegetable garden and scattering some perennial flowers.   That way, I have some fall bloomers in the backyard.  We’ll see right…. maybe I’ll get my act together one of these days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee