Grandparents

319

I am not sure when it happened.  Not the exact time.  But, sometime after our three older kids grew up, Shawn and I couldn’t wait to be grandparents.  We like to talk well into the night of our dreams of life… and I can recall many nights dreaming of what it would be like someday to be a grandma and grandpa. 

It isn’t that we are real fond of the idea of getting old… just that we love God’s design for families and generations… and we adore children.  Early in our marriage, he always wanted 12 kids.  I wanted 2.  So, we settled for 4, and hoped for a slew of grandchildren someday.

Sweet little LuLu is our first grandbaby.  And what a treasure she is.  Truly, all the dreaming of becoming a grandma was nothing like the real thing.   When this little girl was born, I stood outside the hospital room and prayed that God would keep this family in His arms.  And when I heard her for the first time, I wanted to lay down on the floor and die. 

Amazing is not a descriptive enough word for being a grandparent.  I am completely honored that the Lord has blessed us with this grandbaby. Honored because I know that it is a great responsibility to be a mentor and a prayer warrior for her.  Honored because I don’t take lightly the job of being a generation that lives a life that is pleasing to God, and as an example to my family.  Honored because I know the older women – the grandmas – that have had an impact on my life… and my girls’ lives…

It truly is an amazing experience.  She truly is a beautiful baby.  I am very excited to be a part of her life… and to experience first hand all that God is doing in her sweet little life.

Comments

This made me cry. She is beautiful, and so blessed to have such an amazing family to love on her!
Oh baby, are you gonna have fun. CONGRATULATIONS Grandma! She is simply precious. Enjoy, they grow so very fast. The youngest of my eight turned one this year...the oldest will be 16 in December. What a grand addition this little blessing of love is to your family.

God bless ya from the happy hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

40 days to 40