SOAP

S - The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. Luke 2:2

O - There is much work to be done, and few to do the work of God

A - This week in my Beth Moore study, she brought out this verse. It was a great week in that study - something that is very near and dear to my heart. The fact that God desires to use us ALL in His Kingdom work. She talked about how God directed Moses to have the Israelites give an offering to Him. They gave and gave, everyday until they had enough. Then, the Lord told them to stop giving. I thought about this a lot this week. I wonder what it would be like for our pastors and elders to have to say to the congregation "stop giving!" We have enough. We don't need your time, your talents, or your treasures. We are full of all we need. That is not usually the case. The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.

P - Lord help me be an example to my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Use me Lord to show them their value in you. Lord, help me be excited to serve you and to make that excitement be contagious. Lord, the Israelites gave because their hearts were stirred with a desire to be a part of what you were doing among them. Stir the hearts of the Christians today to see that you are moving in our world, and desire to be a part of the work you are doing. Open my eyes Lord to see the work you are doing around me, and help me to be a part of all that you have for me. I love you Lord. Thank you for all that you are doing! In Jesus name, Amen.

Comments

Ann said…
I'm so glad that you are still posting SOAPs! I've been meaning to get a journal and do the same thing. We were just talking about this same subject in Bible study today.

I've been praying for your mom, I hope she is feeling much much better!

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots