yeah, right.

An atomic clock is a type of clock that uses an atomic resonance frequency standard to feed its counter. The national standards say that it will maintain an accuracy of 1 part in 1014 (whatever that means, but it sounds really accurate).

They maintain a continues and stable time and they are syncronized using lead seconds to UT1 which is based on actual rotations of the earth with respect to the mean sun. (ACCORDING to Wikipedia ).

Sellers of this revolutionary clock boast of its accuracy and some of the selling points include, of course, that you will NEVER be late. ever. You know, because you always have the exact time.

Makes sense.
Except.

The official time change occurred several weeks ago. My computer is correct, my cell phone is correct, my D cell battery operated 1956 alarm clock is correct, my ipod is correct....

But, for the past several weeks, every time I glance at the revolutionary atomic perfectly accurate clock in the office, I am temporarily thrown into orbit thinking I came in to work an hour earlier than I needed to... or that expense report didn't take as long as I thought it did or wow, I'm really hungry for lunch and it's only 10:45am, or I have an entire hour and fifteen minutes until the accountant comes, or the salesman doesn't have an appointment for another 45 minutes why is he stressing like the customer is late, or why are my kids calling me when they should be in school still?

They lied.

I will have to count the weeks until the thing changes on it's own.

Comments

in my grandma's words..."they don't make 'em like they used to" :)
PJ said…
Mine finally changed....Last year when the gov. messed things up by changing when DLS time went into effect, our clocks went on a freak cycle. This year, they were still a week late in changing. . . But my cell phone and computer changed fine.
Ann said…
I don't know why, but I think it's funny!
Heth said…
It's hard enough to be on time when the clocks ARE right. Makes it a little harder when you don't know which one to believe.

Good luck!
Anonymous said…
Love your layout! Love you!

Funny that seeing a clock on time would actually make you leave the house faster to be somewhere on time. :)

-Amie
Judy said…
I wish accurate clocks worked to keep us on time. I think we need our internal time clocks adjusted to be in sync at our house! Wouldn't it be cool if that was possible? Tweek one kid this way, and the other kids that...and then there might be some MAJOR tweeking on the hubby! Of course I'm perfect so I would never need tweeked! HA! LOL!

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots