16 days....A picture would be so much better...

But I didn't take one.

I came home from work today to find my dear friend Kathy in my front lawn, in a lawn chair, with a paint brush... and all the tree branches for the wedding that needed to be painted.  I didn't tell her...but she had paint all over her face and legs and it was quite cute.

I love that woman.  I merely mentioned that we had some branches to paint and would she help... I told her I'd give her a call this weekend... and the next thing I knew, she was here.  She came here at 10:00 in the morning... I was at work and the girls were home.  They fed the woman on the lawn a sandwich for lunch and gave her some water... Emily and her friend drew sidewalk chalk pictures around her....at one point, Abbie gave her a spray nozzle to help her out... I came home at 4:00pm then left to go to Walmart for some more paint.  I painted with her until nearly 8:00 at night.  She was here for 10 hours.  Painting.

Kathy, whatever it is I did to earn a friend like you, I don't know.  But, I do know that you are an amazing woman always willing to share your time and energy for others.  You are a blessing to not only me, but so many.  Thank you for sitting in my yard all day.  It was fun.  You amaze me. 

Like I said... I wish I had a picture.

Comments

Natalie Joy said…
I love that woman too! She is a true servant and the bonus - she is a meticulous worker, so you know the job will be done well!! Thanks for sharing with us her awesomeness!
Heth said…
I'm assuming we are talking about Kathy E.?

Can't wait to see how everything turns out. It's going to look amazing! Hooray for helpful friends!
Tina said…
Yes, Heth, you got the right Kathy. ;) She's been so much help!

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots

National Rescue Dog Day