2 days

Wow. Where did the last 9 days go?  Crazy how time flies when you're busy.

Yesterday morning, I woke up and looked in the mirror and said to my self "self...your sweet little Lindsey is getting married in three days".  Then, to prevent from crying, I said "self... you need botox".

This morning, the weight of what happens in two days is starting to set in.  A whole new stage in life.  A whole new relationship with my barbie loving dancing Cinderella loving thumb sucking dress up girl.  She's all grown up, ready to be a loving, caring, supportive, God fearing wife.  Ready to start a family and journey through life together. 

The dumbest things have went through my head the last few days.... I've suddenly noticed so many more gray hairs and wrinkles in places that I didn't know you got wrinkles in. 

So many things will change.  Her devotion and heart will be his fully.  My relationship with her becomes secondary to him.

And yet, so many things stay the same. My heart is still committed to her well being and good. She still values and honors me as a mom.

I don't know if I've mentioned it in this blog.  But, I'm proud of my Lindsey.  We are very very happy and excited that she is marrying Joe.  He's a great guy full of life, a hard worker, he adores her, and most importantly, loves the Lord.  When he and Shawn talked last summer when he made his love for Lindsey known, he told Shawn that his goal in life is to be a good husband, a good father, and a good man.  What more could I desire for my daughter? 

The next few days will be a whirlwind.  I may not get back to this blog before the wedding... but I wanted to jot some of my thoughts and emotions before I forgot this moment... just two days before the two shall become one.

Jitz and Joe 092

Technorati Tags:

Comments

You made me cry already this morning at it's only 8. :)

Beautiful Tina. And you're right, your relationship will change...and I think it will get even better. There's something about becoming a wife and mom that makes you love your mom even more. :)

Praying everything goes great on her wedding day!
Heth said…
*sniffle*

Gorgeous.

(and you do not need Botox)
Natalie Joy said…
I agree with Sarah, a girl never really understands her mother until she becomes a wife and mom herself.
We are so excited for the great adventure of marriage that awaits Joe and Lindsey - and you too!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots

National Rescue Dog Day