a word from China

My world traveller emailed today... sounds like she is having a blast.



Hello family! I am in CHINA! it has been sooo much fun here- I have soo many pictures to show you. It has been a huge culture shock! It is sooo different here. The people are everywhere! Yesterday I saw the pandas -- fun! and had a duck dinner. Oh yeah the FOOD. Um its definently different. It really hard to get use to- really weird nothing like chinese at HOME! Very foreign. And its hard to eat with chop stick all the time-- ! It kinda reminds me of mexico in a way here but totally different. There are rural slums in the middle of the city. OYhh our hotel is AMAZING! we have robes and slippers and really nice! i took picture- we have a phone in the bathroom and the shower is glass! so thats fun. Well i dont have much more time- Im paying per minute so i gotta go i love you all and miss you!! Cant wait to show you the pics

LOVE HALEIGH!


She is going tomorrow to to the Great Wall and to tour a jade factory.
I keep kicking myself for not taking the opportunity to chaperone this trip!!! But, then I remember "oh yeah, I had to pay for it!!".

Comments

melanie said…
i wish i were there with her! looks awesome!
Angela said…
How awesome!! How nice to read a few of her thoughts while she is gone.
Heth said…
Duck? Sounds....interesting.

Glad she is having a good time.
Amy Flege said…
so glad she is having a good time!! dont know how well i would do in the food department if i was there though.. hey thats a good diet idea for me haha!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee