will this be success?


I couldn't sleep last night. When I can't sleep, I get up. I hate wasting my day tossing and turning when I have THINGS to do.


This morning, my THINGS was cinnamon rolls. I've tried it before. I've tried it many times. But for some reason, my cinnamon rolls always seem to bomb! I made them a couple of weeks ago, thinking that would be the time... but nope. bomb.


I can't figure it out. I can make lots of yeast breads and lots of french breads and lots of things that have to rise like a champ. I really can. But not cinnamon rolls. ugh!


This morning, at 4:3o, I tried again. Different recipe this time... one from a great aunt of Shawn's from the family cookbook. Maybe it's a tried and tested recipe that has survived these years because of it's success! Besides, it says "Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls".


So, I activated the yeast, mixed the ingredients, kneaded the dough, let it double, punch it down, let it rest, rolled it out, spread on the goodies, cut it up, and now.... it rises.


Will this be success? Will I finally achieve the goal of cinnamon success? Or will the bread bomber drop its evil bomb on my kitchen once again?


stay tuned...

Comments

Heth said…
Well? Did it work? Yum. You're killing me.

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots