Todd is my beloved brother. On June 10, he celebrated his birthday. I wrote this blog post before then...but didn't post it because I was going to take a picture of him. But, didn't. He turned be 44. I know because he's three years older than me. Let me just say.... I have adored being his baby sister. There is absolutely no other love greater in life than a brother for his baby sister... and no hero greater to a woman than her older brother. I don't think he knows this, but Todd is my hero. Throughout my entire life, he has always been there for me, an example of not only a good brother, but a good man. There are a lot of things I love about Todd.... of those, I list a few...
1. He is a card shark. My memories of him playing cards began when we would travel and stay up late (probably only 10 but it seemed like all night!) playing cards. He always kicked my butt... and still does.
2. He's a pool shark. I can not challenge him to a game of pool or he will, once again, kick my butt. But, I am pretty bad at pool... so when others beat me, I can always use the threat of "fine. beat me. and then my brother will beat you!"
3. He loves cars. We're polar opposites when it comes to cars. I drive them. I break them. He fixes them. He completely built one car from "scratch" (that's what they call it in baking...is it the same when it's a car?). He sold it... and now he's working on his second. He says it will be his last. I highly doubt it. He's still young. The best thing about this car is that I think it will be orange. I'm so excited about that!
4. He loves heath bar blizzards from the Dairy Queen. Every year on my birthday, he brings me a DQ blizzard (snickers)... and every year on his birthday, I take him a Heath Bar Blizzard.
5. He lovingly nicknamed me "Wiener" when I was little. Five maybe? And he still calls me that today.
6. Todd and I are alike in some ways... we both are workaholics and try to stay busy all the time. We both like to get up early in the morning. And we both clean the house when we're mad.
7. Todd inherited all of my mother's tanning ability. I have none of it. Every summer he starts working outside on his yard and his cars and he turns dark brown immediately. I do the same thing (minus the cars) and I burn like a lobster.
8. Todd takes great pride in his coined phrases.... he learned most of them from our step dad. I grew up with many of these and swore I would never use them in any conversation ever,... and Todd says them at the most random times. Phrases like "Wally!" and "I'm going to beat you like a red-headed step child" and "No Running!". They really make no sense.... so don't even ask.
9. Todd is honest and decent and kind. He doesn't take anything for granted and he has the utmost integrity in everything. He doesn't jump into decisions, and his word is as good as a legal contract.
10. I know that as sure as the sun will rise, Todd will always be there for me in every situation and every circumstance. He loves me unconditionally and no matter how old we get, he will always protect me as his little sister.
When everything else in life goes wrong, there is Todd. I love you big brother. Happy Birthday. I hope you enjoyed your Heath Blizzard!