seeds

This morning as I was reading my Bible, I was thinking about what Jesus said in John 12:24 that " I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives".

So many many things went through my mind as I read and pondered about what the Lord said here. It started, of course, with my garden. The many seeds that I planted a few months ago... dead things really... now a plentiful harvest... or soon to be. It's a miracle really how a seed can produce such incredible things.

I thought about Jesus' death.... and how His death produced an amazing harvest of souls who will never have to taste spiritual death should they choose to walk with Him.

Then, I thought about all the friends of mine - myself included - who have gone through some wild and crazy changes in life this past year. The seeds of yesterday dried up before them... and planted in a new world, a new life, a new area.... to produce many new kernels, a plentiful harvest in their new lives.

And then, I thought about what Pastor John talked about this past weekend at church. I've been chewing on it for quite a while. It's one of those sermons that I am pretty sure I will not forget for a long long time.

He talked about Joshua. The first thing God said to Joshua in Joshua 1 is that Moses is dead. And he commanded him to lead the people into the Promised Land. Pastor John pointed out that the past is the past.... Moses is dead. And it was Joshua's challenge to move forward with the new thing that God had for him.... forgetting what is behind him and moving forward with what is before him because Moses. is. dead.

And the first thing he was going to have to do is walk through the water at flood level - he had to expect that it was not going to be an easy thing to do. But, trust in our Lord isn't always easy is it? Sometimes we have to walk through some pretty high waters until He does His work. But, this is the time we hear those famous words.... those beautiful words of our Lord... He promised Joshua... I will never leave you... nor forsake you....

I admit today.... I've been afraid of what is ahead of me. I've had a lot of fear to open my heart up to be sliced by human hands. And a small part of me wants back that seed that had to die for new life to be planted in my heart...even though I know it will only be rotten stinky fruit by now. Even though I know that there is no turning back for our lives.

Moses is dead.

Comments

Lovely Rita said…
Moses might be dead, but you (and the pastor) are right, God is still moving us forward with the "Joshua's". The difficult part of moving forward for me is letting go of my vision of the future and accepting God's plan.
Devoted Momma said…
Thanks for sharing Tina. I can completely relate to this in our lives right now with some changes that are coming about. I too have recently experienced truly relying and trusting in God and am submitting to his plan he has for us now as we relocate.
Rev60 said…
Great post my friend. Thank you for the encouragement you brought today and throughout this season of our lives. Love ya!
Wow, good stuff lady. Thanks for sharing...I'll be chewing on it too.
momzie said…
Very thought-provoking. I've been thinking about it for a couple of days. Thanks for sharing it!

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots

National Rescue Dog Day