Today is September 1. I just can hardly believe it. It doesn't seem like it should be September already.
I thought I'd better make a list of things I have to get done in the garden before September gives way to October.
1. weed. - yes, I'm still doing that.
2. cut back all the perennials that are finished blooming - not many here yet. We're starting though!
3. get those tomatoes to ripen! Do you suppose I could do a cheer for them? Soon enough I will resort to ripening inside.
4. turn the compost
5. plant spring bulbs
6. plant garlic (this can actually wait until next month)
7. begin saving and drying zinnia and marigold seeds
8. watch for frost! BRR!! I just can't bear to think of it!