How I spent my week of vacation - Day 1
















We are officially on vacation.
It started Monday. We are off for a week or so and decided instead of going somewhere fun, we would take the time and get some things done around the house that we need to do, maybe do some fun things around here. We made a list: Things to do on our Vacation Week. Here are the things on the list.

Clean the Grill
Go Canoeing
Pack up the burgundy dishes we don't use right now
Make some decisions on the new house.
Sams Club Trip
Clean the Basement
Camping
Jet Skiing
Get the boat going for the year
Go to the Lake
Waterpark
Clean off my desk
Rotate the tires on the van
Deep clean the vehicles

Some fun, some work.... there's more work on the list. I just can't find it right now. (great working list that I can't find)

So, here we go... Day One... Yesterday... Monday.
We spent the day shopping at Lowe's Home Depot Menards trying to find light fixtures, medicine cabinets, etc... for our new house. Came home, made supper, hang out. Abbie had gone to a friends house for a birthday party. The rest of us were watching SuperNanny. I thought about going to bed about 8pm it was so relaxing...

Then the call came. Abbie got hurt at the party. Something about a trampoline. Something about her arm. We rushed to the house to check her out. She was on the trampoline still. Actually stuck in there. All of the safety features to the tramp were intact. She was crying and calling for us. We untied the thousands of knots to get her out, picked her up and I immediately knew her arm was broken. She said "Mom, it's like I have an elbow in the middle of my arm". Mariah heard it crack.

So, off to the hospital we went. We didn't stop at the local little hospital, knowing it was broken bad. We went to the next town to the bigger hospital. They gave her some morphine and xrayed the bones. Both the radius and ulna broken. Called in the orthopedic surgeon. He thought he could set the arm pretty well right away and not have to do surgery later. I can't remember what they called the procedure. Anesthetics, reset the bones, cast, swelling, more morphine, and back home we go with our tylenol with codiene and a full arm cast.

If this is vacation, I want to go back to work.

Comments

Diane Viere said…
Oh no! How I hate to hear it! My brother-in-law is an orthepedic surgeon--he forbids his children to be on or anywhere near a trampoline. We have one in our back yard....after hearing about your daughter's fracture--I may just take ours down. I'm so sorry!

Diane
Tina said…
I know what you mean Diane.... I think we underestimate the danger in trampolines.
Anonymous said…
so sorry to hear about abbie's accident..hope she not in too much pain! fyi: your pictures are of leg bones..pretty sure the 2 lower arm bones are the radius and ulna (i actually remember something from my xray days 100 years ago!)
Tina said…
what are you talking about shari???? Look again! duh... I'm not THAT stupid! :)Thank God not too many people read this blog before I corrected it!

See - a perfect example of what a lack of sleep will do to your mind.
melanie said…
poor abbey! i feel so bad for her. what a way to spend vacation and summer. what a bummer, praying for her.
Amie said…
I hope she feels better! At least it's summer and she doesn't have to deal with that during the school year with books and writing and backpacks...ick. Make her lots of chicken soup and save some for me. :)
Natalie Joy said…
OUCH!!! Sorry about your vacation.
Amy Flege said…
oh man. that just sucks and poor abbie!! her break sounds horrible and what a nasty time of year to be in a cast!! we will be thinkig of her!!
i think you better just go back to work and wait on the vacation!!!
Heth said…
Awww, poor Abb! What a total bummer.

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots