our new adventure












Call us crazy. Call ME crazy is more like it.

I'm notorious for doing things irrational when my husband is out of town. One time when he went on a mission trip for 10 days I tore all the carpet out of the house and thought I'd refinish the wood floor underneath. Only problem is - it was really bad, and I just ended up buying new carpeting. Another time, he was gone and I decided I'd try to fix a little tiny hole in the plaster of our old house. Except, it didn't work either, and he came home to half a wall knocked out.

But, hey, he loves me.

In my old age, I've tried to be less destructive. So, I resort to shopping. A little retail therapy often makes me feel better when I'm abandoned. This weekend, he was gone and it was ridiculous days sales downtown.

What could I do? I didn't want to get lonely and depressed. I had to take measures into my own hands.

There was a tent I had been eyeing in a sports shop downtown. It was on sale a month ago. Today, it was a super duper sale.

I don't camp. I never have. I know... what does a woman who doesn't camp want a tent for? Well, HELLO, how can I camp if I don't even have a tent????

So, we got supplies to go camping.

1 tent
2 pots
4 MREs (yeah, that was just a fun thing... not nearly enough to feed this family of 6!)
1 pie iron
and most importantly...
1 java press -- cuz I am convinced I can do ANYTHING as long as I have coffee.

yes, even camp.

Next weekend is the big family reunion.
40th anniversary of Shawn's great grandparents reunion.
Family from all over. We're talking major plans.... family talent show, bonfire, breakfast, even a family church service. They've been making plans for a long long long time.

And we --- are going to --- camp. (gulp!)

So, the girls and I resorted to retail therapy

Comments

Amy Flege said…
wow. we were thinking of bringing our camper and going out there too... now that you are going, iam not so sure. hahahahah!! have fun with that new tent!
Heth said…
You need a couple very important things.....air mattresses.

You will make a great camper.
Anonymous said…
You make me laugh! Tina, you are just the greatest. So full of life and fun and I want to put our tent up somewhere nearby and spy on you guys as you tent for the first time. What a riot! Someone video, this could win $10,000. Give Emily the camera.
Seriously, you just might love it.
My thearpy was to redo the upstairs bathroom.
Tina said…
upstairs bathroom? wow!! All in one day? I'm impressed.
hey you're welcome to park and watch the first time campers. i promise it won't be a pretty site. i have basically told myself, hey, it's just like a missions trip in Mexico right???

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee