waiting...

This morning, I couldn't sleep. So much going on in life right now. I tossed and turned most of the night and then decided to just give up on sleep around 5.

I read some interesting stuff on waiting.

Did you know that Dwight Eisenhower was in the military in his 20s....but from the age of 28-51 he did not make a significant decision?

Did you know that Harry Truman was considered a failure in his 20s and 30s... and at the age of 36, he had to move in with his mother in law because he couldn't afford his home? But, at the age of 53, he was president of the US?

Perseverance. Patience. Those are hard things. The economy....rising cost of living....stresses on families....broken relationships.... changes in jobs and businesses. Those are hard things.

And yet... I find myself realizing that we all have so much to learn. I don't want to miss out on what God is trying to teach me now to be ready for what is around the corner tomorrow.

I don't know what my future holds. I don't. But, you know the rest of that line... I know who holds my future. So, today.... I am going to do what I need to do ... today. So that I can be one step closer to tomorrow.

Make the most of the time you spend in the waiting.

Comments

His Girl said…
amazing. that truman story is totally blowing me away today.
melanie said…
it's all that unseen stuff isn't it??? josh never felt so close to truman:)
Amie said…
You don't know how bad I needed a post like this. I love you.

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee