Christians

Emily is learning about the different parts of words and how to spell. Things are starting to make sense to her.

Last night, I was impressing her with my ability to sing the "I AM A C.. I AM A C.H.... I AM A C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N" song. When it got to the "L-I-V-E-E-T-E-R-N-A-L-L-Y" I decided to go especially fast to show her how smart I am. It worked.

"WoW! That's hard!.. .What does it mean?"
"Let me go slower"
I repeated it slower.... she sounded it out.
"Christ-ee-an?"
"Christian"
"Oh! Cool! What's the rest?"
I spelled the Christ in my heart as she sounded it out.
"Christ in my heart. Awesome! I never knew that!"
Now we got to the next part and she figured that all out too.
I was impressed she figured it out, AND I also knew that I could still sing it faster. :)
"Emily, do you know why we're called Christians?"
"Because we believe in Jesus"
"Yeah, but do you know what Christian means?"
"Believe in Jesus"
She's smart. But, I'm talkin about the WORD.
"Okay, take the word apart. What does C-H-R-I-S-T mean?"
"That's his name"
..... I decided to skip the whole Messiah thing for now.... maybe later.... keep it simple.
"Right.. and do you know what I-A-N means?"
"No"
I could have gone into the whole dictionary thing here...as you all know I WANTED TO.
"It means 'like'"
"Oh, so we're LIKE CHRIST"

Why was that so simple for her to put together? It took me years... to realize that I am supposed to be LIKE Christ.

Blogger family --- be like Christ today. Do something He would do.

Comments

Amie said…
Well, you have me pegged. I don't suppose Christ would be going to Wal-Mart and doing dishes, would He. Thanks for the reminder - I needed that!

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee