filibuster

If only it could stay this way.

The week between Christmas and New Year's is somewhat of a pause in life. It's a somewhat surreal, long punctuation as we hang in the balance waiting for the next holiday.

The hustle and bustle of shopping is over, instead we flock together with kin folk, and test all our new toys.

In our home, we have played cards, drank smoothies, amused ourselves with battleship, assembled puzzles, scrutinized cds, inspected dvds, and devoured cuisine.

We have no homework, no concerts, no evening schedules, no appointments, no deadlines. ahhhh... this is the life.

I'd like to figure out a way to filibuster this recess.

While I work on that, I think I'll eat some more Russell Stovers and ruthlessly whip my husband and children in Risk.

Enjoy your intermission friends!

Comments

Heth said…
This is like the BEST week of the whole year. I'm glad you are enjoying your time together, isn't it precious?
Natalie Joy said…
Thanks for all the fun family updates. It is great to know how others spend the holidays. We are still in the thick of it. One family out today the next one in tomorrow.
Anonymous said…
What do you mean no homework? I have homework...we are meeting on the 2nd, right?
Tina said…
oh yeah... I did that last week.




jk
Angela said…
Yes - I vote for extending it as well. I could use the time to get wedding stuff done!

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

chicken little