special treatment

I got some special treatment yesterday at Sears when we were shopping for Christmas. I was quite proud of myself. I was with my friend Chris... and whenever we are together, nothing is very serious.

When we started shopping, I suffered from my normal case of what I call "Shopping ADHD". Because it isn't my favorite thing to do, I spend time wandering around aimlessly, forgetting my purpose for being there, bouncing from one thought to another, not able to make a decision on where I'm going and what I'm doing, wanting to buy stuff for myself and not really having any reasonable direction.

After a few of her reminders to "get with the program, we have a job to do here", I decided to conquer one person at a time. I had a thing I wanted to buy for someone (who might read my blog so I have to be vague). So, Chris and I went into Sears, after going in the wrong door and forgetting where we were, being disoriented, and getting back on track, we arrived in the right department, laughing at our obvious nonchalont way of shopping. We got focused for a MOMENT, and decided we didn't want to spend any more time in this department than we had to. So, we did what no man would do... looked for someone to ASK if they had what we wanted.

We spotted one employee, a female, and decided she wouldn't do. She couldn't know any more about this thing than we did. So, we spotted a male worker, looking like he had no questions to answer yet. I started walking toward him, and as I approached closer (he didn't see me), he turned and started going another direction. I didn't give up, and Chris was right behind me. We proceeded to chase this guy through the store.... three aisles over and two aisles up, laughing hysterically.

As we finally reached him, we were laughing so hard, and I had to explain to him that we were laughing because we had been chasing him for 7 aisles. He smiled politely, and had fun with it. So, we said: "Well, we're looking for a thing. It is black and rectangle shape" .. .and we told him all the things it was supposed to do. Did they have one?

Poor guy... he thought... and then asked us to clarify what it was we were looking for... and thought some more. After we continued rambling for a while about some more things we remembered it was supposed to do, a light bulb finally clicked in his head and he realized he might have one.

So, he took us to the section it was at, and said "Is this it?"

VICTORY!!!!! SCORE!!!!!!

We rejoiced and clapped, and told him that was all we needed. He walked away.

We looked at the loooooooooong line. He saw us discussing the line, and looking at the door.... and discussing the line, and looking at the "thing".

He finally walked over and said "Did you say this is ALL you needed?"
"Yes, this is all."
"Follow me"
Three aisles over , six aisles up, behind a big unit of something, and around a corner, in a cubby, there was a little checkstand. No lines.
Checked us out and we were on our way.

See --- special treatment. :)

Comments

Amie said…
Yay! Score for you, good work lady! I agree with the "female won't do" part....it's so much easier to ask a man and get it accomplished the first time!

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee