WOTD

yeah, well, since I only have a couple weeks for the 2005 Word of The Day, I thought I'd better at least share with you the best ones.

Here we go.... this is a good one today. It's "gimcrack".
Now honestly, have you EVER heard that word before? Be honest...

It's a noun. : a showy object of little use or value. And used in a sentence....

Why is there so much gimcrack on my desk?

Why do I post about gimcrack on my blog?

Why do I always get gimcrack for gifts? (except for my new and improved word of the day
2006)

Why do our mothers have more gimcrack than we do?

A little history about gimcrack..... Did you know?...
The exact origin of this word is not entirely known. It established itself in the 17th Century. It was most likely borrowed from the Yiddish.

Need to get rid of some gimcrack? Visit the flylady.

Comments

Amie said…
Very nice blog...but HOW do you say that? g is a j sound, or what? :) You're so funny.

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee