Right now, I’m supposed to be cleaning the kitchen. But, the coffee isn’t ready yet. So, I refuse to do it without at least two cups of coffee. Yes, two. Come on, it’s Saturday!
So, I moved my laptop to the kitchen where I am sitting… working on my LIST. You know… the list of things to clean in the house. I can definitely tell what I have to clean by well… just opening my eyes. But the list gives me a sense of accomplishment. And it helps me to know how fast I need to move. I mean, if at 2pm, only three things are crossed off the list, I know I better do as my mom used to say “get a move on”.
I was tempted to really get detailed on my list… like, instead of “dishes”. I could say
1. wash dishes
2. dry dishes
3. put away dishes (which is an anomaly in this house)
But, I won’t.
In honor of cleaning day, I leave you with this list.
Things on my countertops
1. newspapers from last week
2. grocery list
5. empty milk container
6. 20 dirty dishes (I won’t list them separately for your sake)
7. empty plastic donut container
8. 10 clean dishes
9. Granddaughter’s bottle wash drying rack
10. Slumberriffic Book
11. Note from Emily asking if she can have a slumber party.
12. School lunch menu. Amazing that it’s here. We searched high and low for it yesterday minutes before leaving to go to school.
14. empty bowl
15. tea kettle
16. plastic cup from restaurant
17. Popcorn popper
18. 12 apples (don’t get the idea that they are displayed all Martha Stewartish… they are still in the bag from the apple orchard…well…er…some of them. The other part of them are all over the counter, spread out.
19. Bread machine
20. Inside pan from bread machine
21. Little teeny tiny plastic dough mixer thing from bread machine. Hey, i lost that once. Better put it away before i lose it again.
22. Creamer – waiting patiently for it’s dumping.
23. 2 big popcorn bowls
24. various other dishes… clean… but not put away. Why are they over by the coffee pot?
25. empty pizza box (I wasn’t home last night so they ordered pizza. Don’t worry. I put the leftovers in the refrigerator when I came home)
26. 3 napkins.
27. I paper plate. used. ick.
28. Salt shaker and pepper grinder
29. half eaten caramel apple. She HAD to have that thing at the apple orchard…would NOT share it with me… and now, there it is. Half eaten.