1989 Journal Entry

I spent some time this weekend cleaning out my desk and ran across this old journal. Haleigh was 2, Lindsey 6 weeks... me... wow... 21. It's like a time capsule.

April 12, 1989 2:30pm

I think I am going to be crazy by the end of this day. So far, I have put Haleigh to bed about six times, saved Lindsey just in the nick of time from being stomped on, saved Lindsey from a roller coaster ride in her swing after Haleigh pushed her, tried to rock Haleigh to sleep for about 1 ½ hours, and while I was on the telephone with Marge, she managed to drag out 150 tissues from the tissue box, rip off the binding from her best, biggest, and most expensive book, and eat nearly all the frosting from a cake sitting on the stove.

I have spanked her, talked to her, spanked her, talked to her, and am about to spank her again because she is now in her room, standing on her bed and pulling the strings on the curtain so they open… close….. open…..close…. be right back!

Frustration is setting in. Haleigh is crying, Lindsey is now crying, and I am about to cry too. I have one million things to do and her I am writing in my journal and trying to ignore them all… it isn’t working.

Comments

Natalie Joy said…
Thank you!! I have very similar journal entries, but mine are still way too recent.
Heth said…
Do you miss those days?

I'm sure it was fun reading back through that. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Amie said…
I love it! Great visuals. That's the good stuff, there.
Angela said…
Ah, the days which I can only yet anticipate...good thing they turned out to be such great women! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee