the meatloaf bites the dust

It could have been perfect.
It could have been good.

BUT... as I already mentioned, the girls vetoed the veal.
So, we went with pork and beef. Stuffed meatloaf. You're supposed to blend all these great flavors together and then layer them with leftover stuffing in the middle. I know it doesn't sound that great, but it looked awesome.

So, we vetoed the veal. Then, when it came time to make it, someone had gone before me and eaten the leftover stuffing. We left it out. Decided to blend all the spices and flavors together and make an incredible UNstuffed meatloaf.

It cooked for about an hour. I had made a great twice baked potatoe out of the leftover potatoes and heated up the green bean casserole. Called everyone to the table and they were starting to come in to the kitchen (it takes a while in my house to gather everyone).

As I took the meatloaf out of the oven, I gingerly placed in on top of the stove to cool for a while , then just before everyone came into the kitchen, I carried it proudly to the table.

Right before I got there, however, I realized a moment too late that the bowl was incredibly slippery and it fell out of my hands.... right onto the floor,... and splattered all over the floor, literally splattered everywhere... pan and all broken to pieces and blasted to smitherines...

we ate leftover turkey .....

Comments

Heth said…
Oh NOOOO! I'm so sorry.
Tina said…
oh yeah, I forgot to mention the dancing part... that might have been part of the problem
Anonymous said…
But how was the MEATLOAF??? Did you even taste a little? How long did the laughter last? How long was clean up? Who harrassed you the most? Who was sympathetic? I need to know the rest of the story....It's like a great movie that just ends and leaves you with questions. You are so real, and so funny, I just love you.
Tina said…
no rest of the story.... sorry. It's worse than a bad movie... it's a horror film. I stood there stunned, calculating how much $$ I had just spent in MEAT ... wiped it up, threw it in the garbage, and ate leftover turkey. Shawn was in the basement and later told me that he heard the noise above him and literally DUCKED like there was INCOMING, you know, the MEATHEAD that he is... hehe... that was too good to pass up

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee