Lazy Day After

Lazy Day After

We had great plans today… but at the last minute we decided it was too cold out to go anywhere, and so now we are sooooooooo lazy. Sitting around watching the Food Network and all the great ideas for leftover recipes. Great Thanksgiving and lots of great food, then everyone watches the great cooks on tv and then we all want to cook again!  What in the world???

We had a great Thanksgiving.  One thing I have always appreciated about my husband is his willingness to totally pitch in and help with the cooking.  He peeled so many potatoes yesterday morning. I think we both kind of overestimated how many potatoes you need to make mashed potatoes for twelve people.  It’s definitely not a 5 gallon bucket full.  That’s way too many.  We had leftover mashed potatoes all over the place!

We had plates of mashed potatoes for supper, we ate mashed potatoes for a midnight snack, then got up this morning and I made potato pancakes, then I made a twice baked potato casserole for supper tonight…. I think we might have used them all up finally.  I didn’t realize a person could be so creative with leftover mashed potatoes.  I was almost wishing I had a few more,… I had some more ideas!

To go with our potato casserole, I wanted to make this great looking stuffed meatloaf for supper…. with veal, pork, beef, made into a meatloaf and stuffed with leftover stuffing.  But the girls vetoed the veal idea.  They are such chickens!  The thought of eating a baby cow didn’t sit too well with them, so we opted for just pork and beef.  I guess the grown up animals are okay to eat, but not the babies.

Abbie got inspired and made our dessert.  Emily even pitched in with the potato pancakes this morning.

Why is it so hard to do anything but cook and eat when you sit around and watch the food network?

Tomorrows challenge is to figure out how to creatively rid ourselves of some turkey and cranberry sauce…

Comments

Amie said…
Need more? Harry and I peeled, boiled, and mashed 4 (5 gallon) buckets of organic potatoes in one day! Then froze them in gallon bags in our deep freeze. I could use a few ideas - pass 'em along!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee