strangers

I just read Beefy’s Blog and it reminded me of something that happened to me a few years ago so I thought I’d share.  Now don’t TELL me you haven’t had a similar experience!

Okay, I was walking into Kwik Star and going to purchase something when this car pulls up to me.  I look into the car and there is a lady in the back seat with a baby.

Lady: “HI!” … as if I am an old friend.
Me: “Hi!” … as if I know her.
Lady: “How are YOU doing?”
Me: “Great!  How are YOU?”
Lady: “We’re doing sooo good.  The doctor released us last week and everything is going good”
Me: “Really?!? That’s great!”
Lady: “Yeah, it is incredible how many blessings we have”.
Me: “Yeah, you really need to appreciate that don’t you?”
Lady: “You guys were sure a lot of help, I can’t thank you enough”
For a split second, I hesitated.  I know she is mistaking me for someone else.  But, I am in the middle of it.  Should I admit my faults? No, there is no way I can confess that I am an unknown innocent imposter.  I am committed to it.
Me: “That is our pleasure.  Well, I better get going. It was nice to see you again.  See ya!:”

I am such a people pleaser… I didn’t want her to be uncomfortable in her error.  So, I lied completely.  I wonder if she ever realized her mistake, and then thought… What in the WORLD was that lady THINKING???????

Like I said, don’t TELL me you haven’t done it!

Comments

Natalie Joy said…
Bill and I are pros! We have to do that often. it seems that more people know who we are than we know who they are. Oh, you know what I mean.
Heth said…
Hahahahahahaha

That cracks me up. I've totally done it.
Amie said…
I'll third that! Their was a great Seinfeld episode about all this...so true.

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

chicken little