I've been TAGGED...

I was tagged by the Laundry Lady ... and it has taken me all weekend to figure out what to write. Mostly cuz first I had to figure out what tagging is. So, I finished it finally.

1. Hind’s Feet
2. Dandelions & Roses
3. Lifenut
4. From Under the Laundry Pile
5. Dull as Dishwater

What were you doing 10 years ago?
In 1995, I was living in a small 2 bedroom bungalow (800 sq. ft) with my husband and 3 small girls, age 8, 6, 3. The house was a real gem. It had no cold water in the kitchen, and no hot water in the bathroom sink. The heat was an old gas stove in the middle of the house, with holes in the second story floor to heat the upstairs. We did laundry at the laundromat every week because there was nowhere for a washer and dryer hookup. I was working at the Best Western in town as a night auditor clerk for somewhere around $4 an hour, and Shawn was doing carpentry work.

What were you doing 5 years ago?
4 girls now – ages 1, 8, 11, 13. We had just stepped into the unforgettable teenage years with girls! We had graduated to an old victorian home, 100 years old. We had lots of room and big open spaces, but only 3 bedrooms with no way to expand except gut and demolish to make more bedrooms for our emerging teenage girls. I had joined the ranks of the full-time employed and was working with Shawn in the homebuilding industry, taking Em with me and running soccer mom duty after work.

What were you doing one year ago?
ages 17, 15, 12, 5 Sending my oldest daughter to high school as a senior, and my youngest to kindergarten! I stepped into the season of no more childcare while I work. Three of four kids in youth group and spent $350 to send them to Breakaway! We had cheerleading, volleyball, dance, musical practice, choir concerts, band concerts, girls basketball games, and the list goes on and on…

What were you doing yesterday?
Bookwork at the office ‘til 3pm, then home to organize the clutter from moving!

5 snacks you enjoy
sunflower seeds
cheesy doritoes and picante sauce
squeeze cheese and crackers
dry roasted almonds
Whoppers and recess peanut butter cups (I couldn’t choose between so I said 6!)

5 songs you know all the words to
"Bibbity Bobbity Boo"
"The very thought of you” by Etta James
“We got the Beat” by GoGos
“Paradise by the Dashboard Lights” by Meatloaf
“Time after Time” by Cindy Lauper


5 things you would do if you had a million dollars
Take a trip to Italy
Buy my mom a house
Treat my cousin Lisa to a bunch of awesome rewarding incredible things!
Take a trip with my extended family (or maybe just my brother Todd I don’t know)
Do lots of anonymous gift giving!


5 things you like doing
Drinking coffee
Cooking
Shopping by myself
Sleeping
Writing (notes, letters, emails, thoughts, journals…)
Listening to Jazz (okay that’s 6)

5 bad habits
Eating late
Ignoring or only half-listening to people when I’m busy
Leaving piles of weeds all over when I pull them (or putting them in garbage bags in the garage and leaving them there for too long so they are heavy and stink)
Large Amounts of Caffeine Consumption
Leaving piles of papers and bills everywhere


5 things you would never wear again
pink and grey together
anything in a size 8
stirrup pants
plastic 80's earrings
two-pc swimming suit

5 favorite toys
camera
My “planner”

my coffeepot :)
pens
my kitchen

TAG TIME:
I TAG

Tommy Boy
Shera

Eddie

If you decide to participate, put your blog on the bottom of the list and bump #1 off the top.

Comments

Heth said…
Yay! That was fun to read. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee