Garlic

It isn't something I boast about. Mostly because I have forgotten more than I ever learned in the first place. But, internet, I will admit it. I'm a master gardener.

It isn't what you think. I'm no master. I don't say "echinacea purpurea" instead of "purple coneflower" or "nicotiana" instead of "flowering tobacco". If you call me to see if you have aphids, I would resort to a book or the internet. I really should go back to school.

I admit it. I don't even have a garden in my yard. yet. We moved into our house 2 years ago, and we've been concentrating all of our energies... as little as they are... on willing our grass to grow.

In the next couple of weeks, however, I will move to the next phase. We are tilling.

Normally, I would till a new garden in the spring. That's when I have the fever. But, this year, it will be fall. Because I love garlic.

It's hard to believe that there was a time I had never used fresh garlic. Now, on most given days, my hands and breath will smell like garlic.

There are not many veggies that need to be planted in the fall. But, since it's a bulb, garlic likes to chill. And it's easy. Poke a few cloves in the ground this fall, and next spring, when you are all tilling your gardens, I will be roasting garlic and slicing and dicing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee