Its almost over

It’s almost over.
As of this minute, we only have 4 hours and 12 minutes until it’s over (it ends in our home at bedtime tonight).
Tomorrow is officially the end of Christmas vacation.
The kids go back to school.
I always have mixed emotions on this day.
Part of me is rejoicing…
The other part mourning…
I love being with my girls.  They are so fun!
So, today is reserved for one more game of cards, one more nap in the middle of the afternoon, one more day of not getting out of your pajamas, one more no-makeup day, one more have a friend over, one more…

AND, of course, there’s the “other list”.  You know what it is.  Do the laundry, find the snowpants, wash the coats, finish the homework, put the Christmas tree away, pay the bills, make the grocery list, find a place to put all the Christmas presents, do the dishes, clean up the messes, read the notes from the teachers from two weeks ago, write out the next month of activities on the calendar, put away the Christmas cookies, wash the bedding … go to bed early… sigh… why is that one always the hardest?

Back to reality.  Intermission is over, and the new year begins.

Comments

Heth said…
PUT AWAY THE CHRISTMAS COOKIES??!!

You seriously have some left? Does Nate need to make another trip to your house for the goods?
Amie said…
All that, AND go to bed EARLY? What?! You must have done this before!

I'll put your Christmas cookies away for you! :) You're too cute.
Anonymous said…
Hello...I came to your blog randomly. I was cruising blogs in search of design ideas for my own. I like the way your text floats over the coffee beans image. I would like to do something similar on my blog. I already happen to use the same blogger template as you. If you don't mind, and have the time, could you advise me on how I need to make the modification in the template? This could be as simple as e-mailing me a simple text file copy of your template text and I can compare it against my own. I assume it's just knowing what code to copy and paste where. I'd really appreciate it. Thank you. You can contact me through my site. Happy New Year. Douglas

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee