my ivy

I have had this plant since my grandmother died. I hate that I can’t remember the exact year, and I keep forgetting to ask my mom. But, it’s been at least 5-6 years.

The plant is the only one that survived the last 2 moves… and now it sits in the window in the kitchen. It’s amazing that it survived through so many droughts due to my lack of attention, and drownings due to my over attention!

It’s an English Ivy and, anyway, this morning, I was thinking that it looked like it was going to bud again, and I was kind of messing with it. And I saw this white spot on the leaf.

At first it looked like it was a piece of soap suds (since it sits right next to the kitchen sink). So, I went to pick it off, and I realized the leaf was brown about halfway, ready to fall off soon. I inspected the plant, and didn’t see any more.

So, being the master gardener that I am --- a lousy one at that --- I thought for sure I could figure this thing out.

So, I did a little research.

What do YOU think it is?




(Sorry for the bad photo… crappy camera. )

Comments

Heth said…
I think it's a blurry photo of a leaf, taken with a bad camera. And I think you need the Canon Rebel.

I have no idea what it is. A caterpillar egg?
Tina said…
tommyboy, take note! she even agrees how badly I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED a new Canon Rebel XT! There is all the confirmation we need! It's shameful to have such a horrible blog picture!
Amie said…
Well, is it soft or hard or flat or squishy or flaky or thin or thick or moldy or eatable or smelly.... or is it just a white spot on a leaf?
Tina said…
it is squishy, wet, seriously like soap suds to a degree, I haven't actually figured out what it is yet. I think I've narrowed it down to some kind of fungus (mold or something)
Tina said…
it is squishy, wet, seriously like soap suds to a degree, I haven't actually figured out what it is yet. I think I've narrowed it down to some kind of fungus (mold or something)

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots