oppugn

oppugn (uh-pyoon) tr. v.
To oppose, contradict, or call into question.

I feel I must oppugn the Supreme Court's decision in the case of "Kelo vs. City of New London".

Kelo vs. City of New London is a case of a Connecticut family whose home was taken away in the name eminent domain for a shopping mall. Their home was purchased for less than market value to make way for a strip mall, and they had no choice in the matter.

Last week, Iowa Representative Bill Dix introduced legislation (house file 2120) to ensure Iowa families will not face similar challenges. Last I knew, there were 51 co-sponsors to the bill.

Comments

Heth said…
The only reason I would give up my home is if they were going to turn it ito a GAP.
Angela said…
That's great - that eminent domain thing is something else. I believe in capitalism and all that, but I don't think they need that much power. I've got your back on this one, T.

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee