end of the year meme

I read this on Heth’s blog and thought I’d try my hand at it….


What did you do in 2005 that you had never done before?
Went to the Mall of America Cheerleading Competition to watch the girls perform.
Watched my oldest daughter graduate from High School and sent her off to college.
Almost Die Mountain in Northern California
Spent 8 hours in IKEA

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never keep them… so I never make them.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
hmm… not really. Lots of friends did, but I’d forget someone if I named them all.

Did anyone close to you die?
No.

What countries did you visit?
COUNTIES? Lots… COUNTRIES? One.

What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
Time

What dates will remain etched in your memory and why?Gosh, I’m lame. I can’t think of anything other than the normal kids birthdays…. I hope there isn’t some huge date I should remember and can’t.

What's your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting out of debt.

What was your biggest failure?
my cabbage crisis

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really. Unless you count the sore throat I’ve had for the past month and a half. (Yes, you detected that cry for attention correctly)

What was the best thing you bought?
Our new kitchen table.

Whose behavior merited celebration?
Haleigh’s IA State Singer acceptance (way to go Rock Star)
Lindsey’s invitation to Dance Team (you are awesome)
Abbie’s baptism (Rise to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus!)
Emily’s growing knowledge of who Jesus is.

Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
You mean other than my own at times?

Where did most of your money go?
Debt. Hence, the biggest achievement.

What did you get really really excited about?
My first Christmas Gift of the season.

What song will always remind you of 2005?
Not sure what it’s called… but it goes “Going down hiway 949 in my big ole pick up truck…”

Compared to this time last year are you?
a)happier or sadder? happier
b)fatter or thinner? Pretty much the same.
c)richer or poorer? Richer

What do you wish you had done more of?
playing

What do you wish you had done less of?
working

How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
Minneapolis, MOA

Did you fall in love in 2005?
Yeah, with a cute bass player…

What was your favorite TV program?
Everyday Italian

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope.

What was the best book you read?
Boundaries

What was your greatest musical discovery?
Goin down highway 90 in my big ole pick up truck…

What did you want and get?
my kids to be filled with the Spirit

What did you not want and not get?
an appendectomy

What was your favorite film this year?
I’m not sure – I don’t have it all developed yet.
OH! You mean, MOVIE FILM? – I’d have to say Narnia since that is most likely the only one I went to. At least that I can remember…

What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I don’t remember and I don’t remember. (jk 37)

What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
To have actually SEEN Bigfoot in the Almost Die Mountain

How would you describe your personal fashion in 2005?
comfortable

What kept you sane?
coffee

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Giada De Laurentiis and The Barefoot Contessa

What political issue stirred you the most?
none

Who did you miss?
Val and Matt

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
Always read road signs when travelling on an unknown highway in an unknown mountain in an area. Don’t visit Ferndale. It’s not worth it. Unfold the map when you are reading it.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
”goin down hiway 949 in my big old pick up truck…”

Comments

Tina said…
okay so that didn't look quite right after i published it. sorry. format is goofy. or maybe i'm goofy?
Heth said…
It looks great! Missed you! Sorry about your sore throat.
Tina said…
yeah, I went to the dr. once. but, I'm thinking i may have to go back.... :(
Tina said…
okay, now i fixed it.
Amie said…
GET OUT! That's MY favorite TV show! :) Good taste, lady....go Food Network!
Tina said…
she's awesome!
We love that it's EVERYDAY food. :)

duh... Everyday Italian. :)
Amie said…
She made THE BEST motzarella cheese sticks. Oh, they are SOOOO good! And the lasagna rolls are a must - to be used with oven ready noodles, I've found. That one's a must try....it has a floury mixture on bottom - add lots of basil...mmmmmmmmm! I'm gonna go cook now. Thanks a lot!
Angela said…
Wonderful - I liked your answers very much. Happy New Year! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots