life with girls...

I was thinking today that I have a unique perspective on life that many people don't have. I have four girls.
No boys.

The man of the house is the only male around. I am sure that, at times, he feels outnumbered. But, for the most part, I don't think having all girls really seems to cause too much trouble for him. After all, he doesn't really know any different....

I decided I'm going to spend some time involving my "blog family" in our life with Girls. Just so you know what it's like. Then, since we don't really know any different, you can tell me if it's different than "bi-sexual" families. (hm... I'm not sure if that's the word I should use there?)

This morning for instance.... I would guess that most families share a morning routine with their small children. Unfortunately, that isn't the case in my house. You see, dad is completely inept at picking out outfits. His choices are reserved for "special" days at school... you know, red ribbon week, or homecoming week... when they have "special" days (hat day, mismatch day, nerd day...). So, most of the time, I have that job.

Then there is hair. Hair is one thing he can never do. I always have that job. Sometimes 3 times a morning since Haleigh is gone.

Then, it's breakfast. He's great at that! Good job dad! One thing we can share! He's actually better at breakfast than I.... I do the whole "cereal" thing... he does eggs and hot stuff. (another dad favorite) Guys don't understand that bagels and toast, and cereal are breakfast foods too... all breakfasts don't have to be fried. (even danishes are breakfast sometimes!)

stay tuned for more life with girls...

Comments

Amie said…
This'll be great! Life with girls....I JUST found out today where you live - isn't that exciting?? You're really close!

You know, you could get a boy pet. Then he wouldn't be too outnumbered. Now, the REAL question is....does he do the dishes after breakfast when he fries everything?
Natalie Joy said…
Looking forward to more girl stuff like lipsticks and purses, etc.
Heth said…
Dads + hairdos = lumpy pony tails.

Love love love your girls.

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots

National Rescue Dog Day