Lost and Found

I’m not losing my mind any longer.

For a while, I thought I was.  I had lost my Bible and couldn’t find it anywhere.  The last I remember seeing it was at Breakaway in Missouri.  I asked everyone I could think of, but nobody had seen it.

Yesterday, I lost my cell phone.  I had come home from work, and I thought for sure I had it, but when I needed it, it wasn’t there.  Checked my purse, coat pockets, looked at work again… no cell phone.

Then, I lost my keys.  I had to use the spare keys to start the car, and I couldn’t go to work or come back home, because the keys to work and home were lost.

So, here I was – no Bible, no cell phone, no keys, no home, no job.  Seems pretty hopeless huh?
I was convinced my Bible, my cell phone, and my keys were off having a party somewhere… and I obviously wasn’t invited.

I helplessly went to Bible Study with no Bible.  I was given a Bible verse on a sticky note to read out loud, and I had to pass it on to someone else.

I trudged through life with all the things I needed – lost.  (okay, so it wasn’t that desperate, I’m just trying to make it sound more dramatic… otherwise, it would be a boring post)

I stopped at home to get something and luckily the door wasn’t locked or I never would have gotten in.  I looked over at the desk (among the piles and piles of stuff) and spotted a red flashy thing.  MY KEYS!  Then, I remembered… Shawn drove the car last. (YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I can blame him.)

I went to a meeting at someone’s house, and when I was leaving, I got into the car, and I glanced down under the seat momentarily.  I saw something silvery and shiny! MY CELL PHONE! It must have fallen out of my coat pocket when I got in the car on that really really cold day.

I decided there was HOPE yet!  I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought about was my Bible.  I have got to find it!! So far, two out of three…

Where is that Breakaway information????? I dug around in the pile of papers yet laying around waiting to be trashed.  Found it.  Phone number for hotel… I dial the number and anxiously wait for the ring…. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee….. oh, nice.  It’s not a phone number.  Fax machine.  Good thing nobody desperately needed to call the hotel while I was away.  (note to self, don’t trust Jeremy’s phone numbers next time) (  I hop on the computer, google the hotel (you gotta love google), find the hotel, call the number, transfer to housekeeping).
Yes, I stayed at your hotel last week with a bunch of teenagers.  
Oh, sure.
Well, I left my Bible and I wondered if you had found it.
I have a lot of Bibles (I should’ve known… teenagers and uh… me)
Well, mine is burgundy leather.
Ok… let me look.
I wait.
She comes back to the phone.
I have a two that are leather. One is in a zipper and one is not.
Mine would be the one that is not.
Do you have your name in your Bible? (wow! That’s a brilliant idea!)
No.
Well, what is your name.
I tell her my name.
This must not be yours.  It’s someone by the name of Lindsey.
What is the last name?
It doesn’t say.  It’s an appointment card for her dentist.
Who is the dentist?
She tells me.
That’s mine!  I made an appointment for her at the dentist and stuck the card in my Bible!!(I wondered where that appointment card was…)
Can you mail it to me?
Yes, let me get your address.

So there you have it!!! All was lost… and now is found!  What a great way to start the day!

Comments

Heth said…
Hooray! I'm glad you found all of your missing things. I will rejoice with you, you have found your lost coin!
iridium said…
I love your fax machine imitation. I didn't get it at first read.

LOL...you youth...leaving stuff behind at a breakaway.

Seriously though, glad you got it all.
Anonymous said…
T! That is a HOOT!!!
Amie said…
You make me LAUGH! I should have invited you to the party....we had a good time. You must have a lot of shiny things....

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots

National Rescue Dog Day