since we're talking about 6th grade....


Bill has been sharing his musical loves, Nate has taken us to the land down under, and Ang and Shera have both admitted their obscure musical likes... and since I'm talkin about 6th grade, I thought I'd share with you one of my all-time favorite bands.


Oh yes, you might remember them. OR.... maybe not. I actually think they made more than one album, but none except this one made sense... and, uh, well, this one didn't even really make sense.

The bands lead singer, Belinda Carlisle, actually did do some songs on her own that were more popular. But, I, of course, still only like this album. It has the best songs on it! And the best part is... I know all the words to nearly every song on this album... yes even the not-so-famous "skidmarks on my heart". (which my girlfriend and I made up alternate words to and entitled it "squidmeat in my teeth"... I think I remember the alternate words more than the real ones)

Now I realize that most of the songs on this album have names that we really only see on Whose Line Is It Anyway's Greatest Hits skit... but hey, what can I say?

I am a child of the 80s!

Now, I think if NTG wanted to do a song on his blog, he should do THIS ONE!!!

Quiet now

Still of night

Inside fire burning bright

Right moment

Laying down

Oh, still no sound

It's all

automatic

No thought

Automatic

Golden hair

Skin glisten

Beating heart but don't listen

Angles sharp

Crash together

Time and consciousness sever

Mind in

automatic

Time stop

Automatic ic ic ic......

Comments

Amie said…
What?! What did that blog mean?!
Natalie Joy said…
I too am a child of the 80's but I was ACTUALLY a CHILD. As in I turned 10 in '86. So I remember some of that album but only bacause the girl up the street had it. We weren't really supposed to go into her house because she had cable tv and it might poison our minds just by entering the home. We would go anyway. Sorry mom.
Rev60 said…
My favorite group from the 80's was Chicago. They were endowed with the ability to write love songs that ripped the heart right out of your chest. They knew just how I felt. Especially when getting dumped by your girlfriend at the junior high school Dance A Thon. She was a "Hard Habit To Break".

A very close second would have to be Journey.
Tina said…
seriously... the 80s is the best.
Tina said…
beefy, you will only know what the song is if you know it. that's the irony of the GoGos.... :)

I just think you are way. too. young.

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee