Lost




Although the upcoming 2 hour season premiere on January 31 of LOST is completely and fully on my mind right now, that is not what I am writing about tonight.


Somehow I have lost my life journal and I can't find that thing anywhere! I was wondering where I could have put it. I have looked all over the place. Then I started thinking about when the last time I wrote in it was... not last night, I did the last part of Bible Study last night. Sunday night I read out of the Romans book. Saturday?


Oh good grief. I just don't know what to do. I don't want to start another book because then I will find this one and it will be all out of order. I don't want to write on papers because then I will have to transfer and rewrite it all when I find this one. But, what if I never find it? what if it is lost forever?


I feel like I have lost my keys or my checkbook. Something you REALLY need everyday and for the life of you, can't figure out when or where you last saw the thing.


I guess I could look at it as a blessing. I remember a day when a devotional journal would not have been something I would miss. I remember a day when I would have put even my bible on the desk and not touch it for days or weeks. I don't mean this as a pride thing - at all! But, I have developed a hunger for God and I am grateful that something like losing my life journal causes such distress. There was a time in my life that others talked about desiring the presence of God and it seemed very foreign to me. I would pray and ask God to develop in me a hunger and thirst for His presence and His Word... hoping that someday that would come.


I really hope I find it!



Psalm 119:159 See how I love your precepts; preserve my life, O LORD, according to your love.

Comments

Ann said…
did you work on it in the car that one day? did it slip under the car seat?
Ann said…
Ooh! Do I get a prize if I guessed right?

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee