Breakfast

I'm not much of a breakfast eater during the work week. It's usually all I can do to get myself and the kids ready and off to work and school on time. Shawn helps with the breakfast dept for the kids. But, truthfully, I'm not much of an "egg" person. It all stems from a time when I was little and I had a very vivid imagination (bet you could have never guessed that).

One time my mom had made me eggs - over easy - and they were a little too underdone. I imagined she was an alien who took over my mom and was trying to poison me. I just couldn't eat them.

It took a long time to be able to eat eggs. I can eat them now, as an adult. I sometimes even like them, but often, just can't do it at all....

So, since that is what Shawn usually makes in the AM, I don't usually eat.

Then, I get hungry at about - oh 10am at work! every. single. day.

You would think I'd just eat breakfast.

So --- I said all that to say this:

I ate a salisbury steak banquet tv dinner in the microwave at work today for breakfast at 10am.

IT WAS GOOD!!!!

Comments

Natalie Joy said…
Hey that works for breakfast. I love breakfast but don't take the time to make it every morning.
BTW Love the new look. I can read it! ;)
Heth said…
I think I'm going to miss the coffee beans.... wahhhh

Just run over to Kwik Star and grab a cream cheese danish. You can't skip breakfast. If you miss it, then you have to eat something breakfasty for lunch. It's a law or something. Salisbury Steak?? Doesn't count.
Amie said…
Those are the best!!! I eat those about that time, too! Haha, I told you we were twins. Harry brings them for lunch at work, and I bought 3 for me in the 10 for 8 deal at Hy-Vee, and Harry ate all 3 in the 2 days that I was gone. Grrr.... maybe I'll come to your house.....
Tina said…
yeah, nat glad I could make your day with the new look. I was gettin too much grief for the coffee beans bein in the way. beefy, I never knew how good salisbury steak was! :)
Anonymous said…
Hahahaha! You crack me up, T! :)

When I was in Tanzania we ate hard boiled eggs and mangoes pretty much everyday for breakfast. Believe it or not, I got really tired of the mangoes! I remember the morning we were going to N'gorongoro Crater, I was so sick of mangoes that I ate 4 or 5 other peoples' hard boiled eggs instead, and they ate my mangoes. Well, I tell ya, that day, those eggs were NOT treating me kindly LOL! Thank goodness while we were in the crater one of the areas smelled like sulfur (not sure on spelling) really bad...so no one could tell it was ME that was smellin' kinda sulfuric too...
Angela said…
I sometimes eat a non-traditional breakfast, but that is pushing it. Well, whatever works for you. I just love breakfast food so much that I hate not taking a chance to eat it! Although eating it for dinner is always great, too.
Tina said…
Andrea, that's hilarious! I HATE the smell of hard boiled eggs, but that is one egg I can actually eat without gagging. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots

National Rescue Dog Day