a plan

I admit that the tax thing has a hold on me right now. So, I decided it was time to get a plan. As of today, it is one month - 31 days - until t-day. But, because I'm a working mom, and at work, my fiscal year ends March 31, I decided I'd better not tackle TWO tax deadlines at once. So, my new plan is to have my own done before March 31. Filed at least. Hopefully paid too. But, let's take one thing at a time. I may need the extra two weeks to pay. So, there you have it. My new deadline.

I feel better already. Something about just having a plan makes life so much easier. I know, it's a simple thing. But, then, I have a simple mind.

If I could see into my future, I'm afraid how boring it might be. not really. I often dream of those days when I can have a plan every. single. day. and stick to it. You know, get up in the morning, start the coffee, put two slices of toast in the toaster, read my Bible, butter the toast, make an egg, eat, pour the coffee into a carafe, take a shower, sit in my robe for 12.3 minutes... dreaming.... I hear about those moms who do that... they have a routine and a plan every day and they just swoop their kids into their plan and make it all work nicely. sigh.

Unfortunately, my days are filled with "Wait a minute, I can't get up, I have a good dream goin'..." or "I don't want cereal, I want eggs..." or "I want to do my OWN hair"... As the girls get older though, I begin to see that a plan eventually MIGHT come. (what? and ruin the spontanaiety of life???)

I got to work this morning and this was the devotion that was emailed to my computer:

Did you know that God is a "planner?" Many people think they don't need clearly defined plans in order to be successful. They want to "fly through life by the seat of their pants."
But I'm here to tell you that God uses planning and so should you.
All through the Bible, we see God laying out a specific plan and then working to bring it to pass. In the account of creation, God says, "Let us make man in our image." He established the goal of creating a being that would be in His image and then He set about achieving that goal. It's a pattern we see repeated over and over in the Bible. Follow God's example, set some clear goals, write them down and then go to work.

Comments

Angela said…
This is great - I totally believe that. As long as we're not so stuck to our own plans that we don't give God room to move. But I am with you on being a planner! It's why the wedding stuff is stressful now but it WON'T be when I'm ready to go and can relax on that day!! Woo-hoo!!!
Diane Viere said…
Great post! I think I'll show it to my CPA husband!

:) Diane
Heth said…
Plan your work and work your plan.

I'll be over here, flying by the seat of my pants....
Tina said…
heth, you crack me up! ;)
T said…
I need a plan. It would just have to be a realy flexible seat of the pants plan. Does that exist?

Thanks for the comments. I'll teach you the little french I know if you teach me German!
Amie said…
I'm great at planning my work. Not so good at working my plan!

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots

National Rescue Dog Day