If the Day Stood Still for Me

There are so many things on my heart today…

I wish I had more time in the day to just sit and think and talk to God about the things that are weighing me down.  Instead of examining them with God, I start to speak to Him and then the busyness of the moment pressures me to move on with the tasks at hand.  So I find myself often offering up abbreviated 30 second prayers.  Although I intend them to be a simple flash, a wink to Him, I wonder if He considers me hasty or sharp instead?

Can God do for me what He did for the Israelites when they were fighting their enemies?  Cause the sun to stand still, for the day to be delayed? My day might not be as imperative to an entire nation doing God’s work. But what would it be like to have such a holy day with the Creator of the Universe?  Just me and God.

I just wonder what it would be like…

Comments

Natalie Joy said…
good thought, I sure could use a few extra hours. But, I am thinking more selfishly than you.
Heth said…
Seriously, that would be wonderful. No interruptions.
Angela said…
Sounds great - I just read that in the Life Journal this week, too! Making the time is SO difficult. I have never regretted it, though. It doesn't happen as often or as long as it should, but always worth it.
T said…
I just got back from that retreat. A whole weekend of time to talk to God. It was very thought provoking. But, like you since I got back I've been so busy...

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots

National Rescue Dog Day