sickies

Like the laundry family, we've had a couple ailin offspring in our house for a few days. The snuggling and hugging and loving is so sweet. Abbs had it first, cough, sore throat, fever... and then it spread to her roommate, Em.... same symptoms.... only worse... higher fever, worse cough, sore throat.

I'm hoping it will just now stop there and not spread to anyone else. I had taken the day off today from work. Was thinkin I'd take the kids to school, then go with my sister to Waterloo, out for coffee, shopping, out for lunch.... have a good ole' sister time.

Didn't happen. As a matter of fact, we haven't seen much of each other at all. The last few scheduled nights out, she's been sick, now my kids are sick. Before we know it, our two weeks will be over and it will have been spent on sickness and being grounded to the house. ......sigh.....

Em is so cute when she's not feeling well. I asked her if she wanted some chicken noodle soup. She perked up and said "YEAH!" so I grabbed a can. She said "oh wait is it a can?" I said "yeah, I have a can of it." .... "Oh" she said. "I only like the real stuff".

So, I made homemade chicken noodle soup for supper tonight.
Of which she ate none.

Comments

hannahjoy said…
aw, that's great. all that work, hey, at least there was more for you, right?
Amie said…
I'll gladly eat some! Go ahead and bring it to craft night tonight. HAHAhaha A girl can hope, can't she?
Heth said…
Oh, poor Ab and Em. I'm telling you, this sickness is HORRIBLE. I was feeling sorry for my kids and everything, but once I got it, I realized it is WAY worse than I thought it was. Bleh.

I hope you can find some time to spend with your sister.

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots

National Rescue Dog Day