tax update

I had a conversation with my accountant yesterday. It went sort of like this...

Me: "hey! how's it going?"
She: "Great. How about you?"
Me: "good. Are you pulling your hair out this tax season?"
She: "It's getting a little better, after the 15th of March, it's way better"

I was thinking... oh, I get it. There are only a few people in this world who wait until the month between March 15 and April 15 to get their taxes done. That would be me.

Me: "Yeah I really need to get mine done"
She: "hey, anytime"
Me: "So, how will you feel if I drop them off to you on April 14th?"

You know, just testing the waters... to, uh.... see how dedicated she is to me.

She: "I'd get it done for ya... no problem! For YOU, I'd get it done"


So, now I sit here, early in the morning, with nothing to do for an hour. I bet I could get it done. I could just shock the heck out of her and take it all in today, not even 24 hours after our conversation. But that would mean I would have to give up my morning coffee, and my only opportunity to bake that coffee cake I've been craving, and I'd have to sacrifice the only morning in a month I've been able to get up before 7am.

The decision is made. It will wait. As if I needed another excuse.

Comments

T said…
take your accountant some coffee cake instead ;o)
Angela said…
He he...I like the coffee cake one. You've got PLENTY of time.

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

new boots

National Rescue Dog Day