fellowships

I've been thinking alot about that book again. You know, the Eldridge one from a few days ago. God must really be trying to teach me some things about loyalties and friendships. Elder Keith taught Sunday morning. Funny he would teach on this very topic! I thought that he must have read my blog Saturday night then shared it with the congregation on Sunday morning. :) ..... no ego tied to that statement at all. ;)

I met with my mentor and friend this morning. I just don't think I could have ever found a better mentor or friend if I'd have done it myself (you know, I didn't do it... God did). I am so transparent with her. And when I leave our time together, I am encouraged to pray for her, for others, for myself, for the church, the body of Christ.

I know she will fight for my heart. That is a cool feeling. To know that you know that you know that someone out there will fight for your heart.

Anyway, I DID finally finish the book. YEAH YIPPEE SKIPPY! Now I can loan it to Heth. :)
The last chapter was really good. He talked about protecting your heart.

Quite a few years ago, I went to a seminar by Dr. Gary Rosberg. He talked about "Guarding Your Heart". But his approach was more on the lines of the fact that you have to be careful of what you allow in your heart... sort of the whole "be careful what you think because thoughts become words, be careful what your words are because words become actions, be careful of your actions because they become habits..." type of thing. But, Eldridge doesn't present it that way. He says God cherishes you, he desires for your heart to be preserved from the world. He says that you should protect your heart from becoming harsh. Take time to do the things you love to do, take time to enjoy God's creation, take time to appreciate your personality and hobbies. Life is so busy, the world today is so busy. The devil would love for us to remain busy and never find peace in life - never take time to enjoy the Lord in our own way. We should protect our hearts... it made me think... when was the last time I did something to protect my heart? How about you? Do you fight for your own heart?

Comments

Heth said…
We need to take time to enjoy our hobbies...makes sense. So KIDS must be my hobby? *giggle* Is gardening yours? Or reading? What would you do with a whole week to your self with no responsibilites? By the way, I created a blog because I was sick of nothing new on Bliggity's. He's a blog poser. But a very cute poser.

Popular posts from this blog

Hunger Games

coffee